To buy now or wait?

Nac

im in a magor dilema right now. To buy a computer now ( or like right after xmas when prices go down abit. Or next next summer when almsot everything has dx10 and dx10 stuff has gone down and pretty much waiting till all the new 2007 technologies have been out and have had their prices dropped.

If i did get the computer now i want it to last for atleast a year and a half while still being able to play all games. ( amd 4200 x2 am2 processor, 7600 gtx video card, 2 gigs ddr2 ram 800mhz) So as you can see not likevedry top of the line but still pretty decent.

So if i did get the computer now, do you think my goal of being able to use it without upgrading anything for a year and a 1/2 is realistic with dx10 and other stuff coming out? Or should i just wait 6 months and build a computer for teh same price but with dx10 ( once its gotten cheaper) and other stuff?

joxley1990

Well, DX10 cards out are now, and are not that bad, price wise.

I would wait until after Christmas though, I bet anyone, any money that the price drops are noticeable!

liquidshadow

oh yeah they are out. In the form of the 8 series by Geforce.

lol, I'm sorry but that made me laugh for some reason.

I'd probably just build a decent machine now and upgrade the stuff needed later. If you aren't going to go Quad-Core, why wait? Just pick up a Core 2. Also, RAM doesn't really affect DX10 so you could buy that too. All you would probably have to upgrade is the graphics card which you could buy later.