To iMAC or not to iMAC - that is the question...?

fishern

New Member
Hi all...

I'm sure this has been on many many peoples minds when buying a new desktop. I'm seriously considering an iMAC as an alternative to a mid/high spec Acer or Dell.

I'm no computer wizz and this will be for home use, will not be running Office type s/w and will be primarily used for video and photo editting. I've had bad experiences with my Dell Laptop and a 4 year old HP desktop trying to get a decent bit of s/w to work with a top spec Sony HD Camcorder. I get frame drop on both of them, which is seriously annoying. A friend of mine has an iBOOK and has no problems with the same Camcorder. Furthermore, I want to invest in a good bit of photo editting s/w and if I go with the MAC I obviously get the Apple s/w but will get Photoshop Elements which I've heard is not the most intuitive bit of s/w around if I go for the Acer/Dell. I want this to be used by the whole family some of whom are computer shy so complex s/w is a non-starter.

I've heard many good things about the Apple editting s/w and the ease to upload video, and would like to hear everyone's opinion as I've had nothing but problems with traditional build machines linking up to the Sony Cam.

Cheers all....
 
Buy the iMac.

If you really want kickass video editing buy final cut pro along with it, otherwise use the built in imovie

For photo editing I'd recommend Adobe Lightroom, for both PC or Mac
 
Back
Top