To Much Information?

Hellbreather

I was pondering to myself last night, do the security measures we take, mean that we are recieving more information than we should be?

Take NeoTrace for example, if a hacker tries to remotely access my computer isn't it strange how I can trace to his exact location just from a set of numbers and .'s
For those of you who dont use NeoTrace it will basically tel you everything about the user, from the name of the ISP, thier name, even the number of the ISP
Personally I believe that in this day and age, we are revealing too much information without even realising it.
The worst is that Net Detective which we will give you EVERYTHING about someone!!
Where do we draw the line? Does anyone feel the same or do you think I'm a paranoid idiot ;) I

narafa

I never used any tracing program before. Although I doubt that the information you see in your program trace is totally correct, I agree with you that we are getting too much information these days, but what can we do my friend, we are living in the information age :D

The problem is not with the information itself, the main problem is how to organize the information we have and get to what we really need to know in the shortest possible time, and that's what Google based their business model on and made billions of dollars out of.

Can you imagine how much information you have on your Hard Disk and on your stored CDs?? Lots, actually huge amount of information, but do you have an index for all this? Can you access any tip of information that you know you have in a timely manner?? I don't think so.

I personally have the same case, I have a huge amount of information on my Hard Disks, and I suffer everytime I try to find something, and again that's what most companies built on the desktop search idea, although I don't use them at all and we both know the reason :D

Any other opinions out there?