Too many problems :( please help

sharksta

I have several problems :'(

1) When i open Pro Tools, i can't get sound out of my fast track pro. if i put a midi track into the mix, i can see the bar move up and down and the green midi light even flashes on the fast track pro, but i can't hear sound! Can't hear with the headphones or through the rca outputs on the back.
If i go into my sound settings, i can switch to fast track pro, open a song and it will play via the rca outputs.

2) Every single sound device on my computer has a problem.
My Realtek High Definiton on board card lags and skips when i listen to audio. The cpu jumps and the mouse almost freezes when the song lags.
My fast track pro does isnt as bad.
same with my pv 10 usb.

It's impossible to listen to a song, let alone record someone.
I had a group of rappers try to record yesterday. I say try because it didn't work.
Since i can't get Pro Tools working, i went to mixcraft. i went to the prefrences, switched the audio to M-audio asio. I can get the mic and the output working, but it will still skip like crazy.
They would be rapping and then the beat would skip. When i playback what they just rapped, the words that they were saying during the skip would sound robotic and shorter than if they actually said the word.

I know your going to ask for my specs, so here they are:
Manufacturer : Sony Electronics, Inc.
Mainboard : Asus PTGD2-VX
Chipset : Intel i915G
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 560 @ 3600 MHz
Physical Memory : 2048 MB (4 x 512 DDR-SDRAM )
Video Card : ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series
Hard Disk : Maxtor (251 GB)
Hard Disk : WD (1000 GB)
Hard Disk : WD (1000 GB)
Hard Disk : WD (500 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD RW DW-Q28A
DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD RW DW-Q120A
Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL 2001FP - 20 inches
Monitor Type : SONY SDM-HS94P - 19 inches
Network Card : BCM43XNG 802.11n Network Adapter
Network Card : 82541EI Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
DirectX : Version 9.0c (April 2009)

Please help me, i have read so many forums and haven't found an answer.

sharksta

If it helps, i used to record with a Samson CO1U USB Mic and i had no problems at all.

I seemed to notice the audio problem right after i installed the LINKSYS WMP300N. But i can't uninstall it because i need it

sharksta

solved but dont understand why

Okay, i went to device manager and disabled the Linksys WMP300N.

That solved all of my problems. But what does that have to do with sound? It sucks that i have to disable that every time i want to listen to or record something.

Is there a way around disabling it now that i know that is the cause of my problem?