Tool to log how much total a program has downloaded?

m3110w

Hi All,

I'm using Win7Pro.

I'm using Blink Personal antivirus. Blink uses a program called "SyncItGUI" to download updates for Blink. I'm using the MS Resource Monitor and its showing that SyncItGUI is downloading a lot of data. I live in India so I have limited bandwidth. Is there a tool that will log how much total SyncItGUI is downloading? It runs in the background. The Resource Monitor just shows the current rate of download (i.e. the download speed). I want to know how much it downloads in total. Any tools can do this? I did an internet search and didn't find anything. I also looked at the Windows logs and didn't find anything. Thanks,

Advait

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The easiest thing to do would be to uninstall your antivirus and download either Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials.

m3110w

Try this free little program called NETORX

http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

NetWorx is a simple and free, yet powerful tool that helps you objectively evaluate your bandwidth situation. You can use it to collect bandwidth usage data and measure the speed of your Internet or any other network connection :D

Cool. Thanks. I just now downloaded it and will play around with it soon. From what I read it looks like it will do what I need. Brilliant! :)

Cheers,

Advait

m3110w

The easiest thing to do would be to uninstall your antivirus and download either Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials.

You're reading my mind. If Blink keeps downloading 100mb a day or more I may indeed do that. Bandwidth is expensive here in India.

I've heard that MSSE is doing poorly on AV tests. If Blink keeps downloading a lot I'll start researching other AV products.

Now I know to search for "network traffic monitor" or something like that when searching for these kinds of tools.

Thanks! Cheers,

Advait

m3110w

Cool. Thanks. I just now downloaded it and will play around with it soon. From what I read it looks like it will do what I need. Brilliant! :) Cheers, Advait

OK, I tried Networx but (unless I missed it) it doesn't give details about the total download for individual apps. Someone else told me about NetLimiter and that does give details and summaries for individual apps. Now I'm all set.

Cheers,

Advait