top of the line GeForce 6800

Mafesto

there are alot of different makers of the 6800.. is it ultra that the best? or was it gt.. forgot. heh.. well anyway. trolling newegg.com some makers card from the posts of buyers run hot.. or have problems. or do perform better, and quieter than others..

what I'd like to know.. which one of the 6800's do you guys think is the best to get? all around best.. I dont mean proformance at the cost of an OEM heatsink and fan that sounds like the hover dam at peak lol

Memory Remains

6800 ultra is teh best.
best companies
Gainward
BFG
PNY (my opinion)
ASUS (not too sure about)
and i've heard of a few people liking Leadtech

vanp1992

you are missing Albatron, anyway ive seen that Albatron has better overclock speeds and is less hotter. Well anyway heres a comparison of the Trinity(albatron) and the ''best brand'', Asus

3221.png

3222.png

3223.png

3224.png

Kinda stupid just looking at these two cards, but Asus has the top of the line cards

Last edited:

crypter

does anyone have specs or tests from the

Leadtek nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, TV-Out/DVI, 8X AGP, Model "A400 GT TDH" -RETAIL

i've been watching it on new egg. Its cheeper than a lot of the other GT's, whys that? I was thinking on gettin this because of the cooler on it and it has great reviews, Of corse most of the GT's are mostly good reviews.. and it can OC to 95% of ultras performance for $200 less( read that ina review )

Mafesto

heard that aswell.. they OC pretty much to an ultra.. but that makes me wonder.. can the ultra OC as much? its a blast now(so I hear) what would it be after hardcore OC'ing

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I dont mean proformance at the cost of an OEM heatsink and fan that sounds like the hover dam at peak lol
1. Even figurativly, that comparison doesnt make sense.
2. Most OEM cards will come with .. um... OEM heatsinks.

howabout eVGA geforce 6800 ultra where do they stand because that whay I got
Isnt it a bit late to be asking this? (i.e. ,after you've got it?) ;)

I think the Nvidia is the Evga
Huh?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If im not mistaken, in those charts, the "NVIDIA" is referring to the nVidia reference cards :)

crypter

might be a lil off toping but why is that leadtek card cheeper then the other 6800 GT's when its get the bigger (better?) cooler on it. Is the card cheeper because they decided to sell a good card for less or is it not as good as the others?