Top of the Line: Mac vs. PC

Which computer is better overall? (check specifications by clicking links)

• DELL XPS

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • MAC TITANIUM POWERBOOK

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

lilm3boi

They have different uses. I think that for macs you pay 20% more for 80% less functionality(sp). I would personally buy an ABS laptop or the new Alienware with the 6800GO id I had unlimited funds.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Have you actually sat down and used a G5 with OS X v10.3 Panther?

They have come a long way since the days of the 8Mhz Macintosh and the 16Mhz Macintosh II (first Mac I ever used..)...

lilm3boi said:
20% more for 80% less functionality
.. If your going to post stuff like this, its a good idea to FIRST do some research.. it gives your post some credibility :)

Geoff

VIP Member
dave597 said:
two bad companys selling laptops..
acer make good laptops...

I heard that Acer laptops weren't very good, there similar to compaq's. And the link to the Apple laptop doesnt work.

Although i couldnt see the apple laptop, i would go with the Dell if you want gaming, since most games are unplayable on macs, although if you want photo editing, word processing, i think either would be good.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
SFR said:

They have come a long way since the days of the 8Mhz Macintosh and the 16Mhz Macintosh II (first Mac I ever used..)...

..[/i] If your going to post stuff like this, its a good idea to FIRST do some research.. it gives your post some credibility :)

Ahmm...maybe SFR should do some research AS WELL! I have used their latest OS on a very recent MAC and I was far from stunned by it! My main reason for not being able to recommend a MAC is not the OS however, but rather the amount of software readily available for use in it. That's why I believe, for a user with utility in mind, MACs simply fail!

JAN :D

Echo_

well whats the avg person do wiht a computer? play games? no its mostly email word processing and internet

what are the most common complaints?
viruses, spyware and crashes...

whats teh best solution

a mac :)

dave597

VIP Member
the solution is to fix it not just downgrade to an inferior machine. why not say typewriter? and amstrad internet phone...

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hmmm...

Interesting insight but not really a valid argument given the interest people show in MACs. They may be excellently designed...high quality and yes, more problem-free, but is that really what makes MACs a better solution? I don't think so. They are a nice alternative but not one that would seriously challenge anyone and certainly not one that is superior to PCs... Given the low usage of MACs do you really think criminals etc would be interested in them? No! They go for the big fish and leave the insignificant behid! I hope you see my point :).

JAN :)

MACS SOXOR!

dave597

VIP Member
actually the only macs i have used were really slow, since people find it hard to upgrade/throw them away. I was in a situation where i saw a mac which wouldnt start up for ages, the solution given by technical support was, sorry we cant help you - get a pc.

back to the topic - those acer ferraris are neat - i want one! :p

ps im sure criminals would go for anything worth money, including macs.
eg., my pc keeps getting stolen - get a mac!

Last edited:

lilm3boi

SFR said:

..[/i] If your going to post stuff like this, its a good idea to FIRST do some research.. it gives your post some credibility :)
A pc equivilant(sp) to a mac would cost around 20% less. I love macs but their cost drives me away from them and ALMOST ALL programs are designed for pc. Many pc games aren't on the mac along with many many programs.

Echo_

dave597 said:
the solution is to fix it not just downgrade to an inferior machine. why not say typewriter? and amstrad internet phone...

how would it be a downgrade?

the music and graphic design industries use macs... o ya their work isnt graphic intense

Bobo

banned
geoff5093 said:
I heard that Acer laptops weren't very good, there similar to compaq's.

In what way? Remember that Compaqs are HPs

Although i couldnt see the apple laptop, i would go with the Dell if you want gaming, since most games are unplayable on macs, although if you want photo editing, word processing, i think either would be good.
I wuold too, as much as I hate Dell, there just isn't enough stuff out there compatible with mac

Jancz3rt said:
MACS SOXOR!

Now there's some good wording!:p

Travo925

Apples are definetly better, I started off with apple lappy's with a powerbook g3, awsome computer very fast for its time. Then i moved upto the Powerbook G4, awsome computer, capable of running just about every game and what not out there. Macs have always been faster than pc's, nearly double. Oh, and dont buy a dell! they are terrible computers, or at least mine, First off, the restore discs are terrible, doesnt even give a full version of windows, you have to install all of your device drivers seperatly. Only thing good about dell is that they ship fast.

Apples may be expensive, but definetly worth the hefty price tag, or atleast over a dell...

Oh and, you can run windows apps on mac, just get virtual pc!
-Travis