Toshiba Equium.

thedoors27

Recently bought a laptop for £599. What I have a question about is the battery.....apparently it only lasts for 1.1 hours! Now is it me or is that bad?

I mean this laptop wasnt cheap!

Is there any add ons I can get to make the battery life longer?

Buy a new battery?
Any downloadable programs?

ikjadoon

Hm.. I don't think so.. Maybe the battery is just a weak battery and maybe the company may give you another... No programs I can think of. Well, if it is a good laptop, performance-wise, it'll probably eat up watts. Compartivley(sp?), my 1.4GHz Celeron can give me a little over 3 hours on a full charge. If you could post some specs, I might be able to give a more clear answer..
-Ibrahim

alanuofm

VIP Member
if you list detailed components it would be easier to tell why you are getting bad battery life. usually its the combination of processor, screen size, and vidoe card.

Alias

Tips To Extend Battery Life.

1. Power down all nonessential functions.

Switch it off if you're not using it. When not using programs that are running in the background allways remember to switch them off or they will dramaticly drain battery life. Also switch off wireless communications.

2. Stay out of extreme temperatures.
The technology that powers you battery isn't terribly complicated. But it's important to understand a little bit about the chemistry behind batteries, and how that can affect your work. Specifically, temperatures can affect the performance of your battery. Room temperature reccomended.

3. Let your laptop do the saving.
Take advantage of the power management options via the control panel. Most users make the mistake of simply not choosing to use a product's built-in ability to conserve battery life.

4. Always, always carry a spare device that uses batteries.
If your allways on the move then it is allways wise to carry a spare battery.

5. Charging

Li-ion batterys do not need to be charged and recharged every month, unlike Non Li-ion batterys. Also it is not good to keep a fully charged battery and not use it.

Thats all i can thinkof at the moment. If i think of anything else ill get back to you.

spamdos

make sure that your battery is not running at performance settings when you are on the road otherwise it will chew up a lot more power

thedoors27

Processor Type Intel Celeron M 380
Processor speed 1600 mhz
Memory Size 512 mb
Memory Type DDR
Hard Drive Capacity 40 Gb
Optical Drives DVD SuperMulti Dual Layer
CD-ROM Speed 24 x
CD-RW Speed. 10 x
DVD-ROM Speed 8 x
DVD-RW Speed 4 x
Floppy Disk Drive No
Screen Size/Type 15" XGA TFT
Graphics Card Type Intel 852 GM
Graphics Memory 64 UMA mb
TV-out Yes
Sound Type AC97 16bit Stereo
Modem Type 56k
Wireless Enabled Yes
No. of USB Connections 3
No. of Firewire Connections 0
Infrared Port Included No
Other Interfaces PC Card Slot
Battery Type Lithium Ion
Battery life (up to) 1.1 hours
Software Titles Included Works
Operating system Win XP Home
Weight 2.7 kg
Height 332 mm
Width 270 mm
Depth 36.5 mm
Colour Silver/Black

Alias

This laptop is acctually quite powerful, and at £599 its at an affordable rate. Its an all round performer, for games, mobile communications, and general stuff, its an all rounder.

thedoors27

I read on the toshiba site that the laptop comes with a program called mtm. It increases battery life etc...but I can't find it at all.

thedoors27

It says mtm software...is that just the power options in the control panel?

If it isn't my toshiba laptop doesn't have mtm.

Alias

Im pretty positive that they are talking about the power options link via the control panel.