toshiba satEllitE PRO 4200

shaidi

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE LANGUAGE ON THE KEYBOARD. CANT TYPE PROPERLY. ITS A GERMAN KEYBOARD. Ex. IF I PRESS THE KEY 'R' IT WILL OPEN RUN COMMAND PROMPT. SO ARE OTHER LETTERS. E,M,F,R,U. AS IF I AM USING ALT+ ANY OF THOSE KEYS. I NEED ASSISTANCE. WHAT SHOULD BE DONE?

THANKS

tractorboy

it sounds like the key with the microsoft windows emblem might be stuck down because if i hold that down and press " R " it opens the run aplet

shaidi

I checked all the keys nothing seems to be stuck. Its confusing cuz its the first time i some accross this kind of problem. I will still check if there is something wrong with the ALT key. or i am thinking of disconnecting the laptop keyboard and connecting a normal desktop keyboard. But please continue with your ideas. and i will post if i get anythign fixed.

Thanks

shaidi

haha.

Well i have to say that i found the F****N problem. and thanks to u, ALT is somehow stuck. i removed it and placed a normal desktop keyboard and it worked great.... Thanks for all the help

spamdos

lol i had one of those and almost threw it out the window. the screen kept going black and it was gonna cost $350 to fix it, i could have got a better one than that for the same price it cost me to fix it

shaidi

Its an old laptop. no warranty at all.. i'll just have to use an external keyboad. its working fine... like this i would even get a monitor and attach it with a wireless keyboard and mouse. something like that

Notebooks are much expensive than desktops, there parts i mean

tractorboy

they have monitor stands that are just about 4-5 inches taller then the notebook closed. You put a monitot on the stand , plug in a keyboard and mouse, slide the notebook under the stand and your already, I would recommend though once under the stand to open the lid slightly to reduce heat.