Totally new build

Tuffie

Active Member
Was previously planning on making my new system when I moved to Canada (So I could take advantage of newegg), but I want to see if I can do it now.

Okay so my current system is a E2180, 1Gb ram, 8500GT, a shitty sony dvd reader, and a WD 250Gb caviar, I don't really plan on bringing anything other then the HD over.

Was probably looking around the Q6600, 8800GTX, a ASUS mobo SLi ready (Do plan on turning it into sli), a 22" maybe BenQ or Hanns-G, and 4gb of ram.

And with that I'll leave it to you guys, I know I haven't provided a budget, but I think the guidelines I've given are sort of pointing at a price range with it's mouth gaping open.

But remember if you think something I've suggested could be improved on, go ahead an include it, although rememeber I prefer Intel, nVidia, and Asus as a manufacturer.

EDIT: Don't need mouse, keyboard, speakers, or case.
 
Last edited:
Go to MSY: Price List

  • Asus striker extreme - MSY don't have it, buy online.
  • Intel Q6600 - $226
  • 4GB Kit G Skill - $105
  • Seagate 500GB Sata Hard Drive - $114
  • 512MB 9800GTX Generic - $295
  • 20x SATA LG DVD Drive - $27
Total: $767 AU Excluding motherboard

Case + PSU is up to you

PSU i would say get a 550 W +
 
Last edited:
Don't buy an 8800 GTX, they are too high priced because they stopped production. I had an 8800 GTX and wanted another one for SLI...The only ones I could find are like $400 these days. You can get a 9800 GTX for $200 almost anywhere. I bought an EVGA 9800 GTX and I love it...runs everything great
 
Was probably looking around the Q6600, 8800GTX, a ASUS mobo SLi ready (Do plan on turning it into sli), a 22" maybe BenQ or Hanns-G, and 4gb of ram.

Q6600 - Great!
8800GTX? Not so. It's much more expensive than the GTS G92, which is 1) Faster, and 2) cheaper. If you wish to SLi the GTS G92, that also is not a bad idea. People who have switched to the 9 series (based of reading reviews) had said they preferred the 8 series SLied better.

780i for a SLi motherboard?
 
Back
Top