Touch screen computer.

mcj

New Member
As Iam not capable of building my own ,Ihave to buy a compleat set up.
Look yesterday at the Acer aspire 6600-23.
Must say it looks a impressive piece. What are your thoughts on it and what others would you recomend looking at.
Not 100% convinced on touch screen, as my current screen gets dirty enough without touching it.
 
I worked on an HP computer a few months back that was a touch screen, needless to say it was a pain in the butt. It's a good thing they had a keyboard and mouse hooked up. I would not recommend getting it if all the computer parts are inside the big monitor like the HP was. You wouldn't be able to add a dedicated graphics card. You would have to send it in to get fixed if it broke down. Can you post a link to the computer so I can get a better understanding of what it is? I googled the model and got random hits but nothing with pictures or anything.
 
I worked on an HP computer a few months back that was a touch screen, needless to say it was a pain in the butt. It's a good thing they had a keyboard and mouse hooked up. I would not recommend getting it if all the computer parts are inside the big monitor like the HP was. You wouldn't be able to add a dedicated graphics card. You would have to send it in to get fixed if it broke down. Can you post a link to the computer so I can get a better understanding of what it is? I googled the model and got random hits but nothing with pictures or anything.
Hi this is the one from currys.


http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/acer-aspire-z5600-04144142-pdt.html
 
I would not recommend that as I said before. It may look eye pleasing especially with less cables to deal with but you really can't upgrade too much in that thing. And if it broke down you would have to send it in.
 
I would not recommend that as I said before. It may look eye pleasing especially with less cables to deal with but you really can't upgrade too much in that thing. And if it broke down you would have to send it in.

The chances of needing to upgrade remote. What ever I bought would have to be sent away for repair.
 
The chances of needing to upgrade remote. What ever I bought would have to be sent away for repair.

Not necessarily. With a tower case, there are many things you can do yourself if they go out. You can replace hard drives, memory, add in cards, dvd drives. With this system here, it would be difficult to do that plus you would have to go back to acer for parts, With a tower, you would replace their parts with almost anything.
 
I use a touch screen monitor on my homemade CNC router.
I used the monitor for windows at one time and found it to be a pain in the a$$.
Your finger covers up what you are touching and if the buttons are small and next to each other you can hit the wrong one.
It's great for point of sale screens and for my CNC software as the buttons are large.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top