Tower's Insulated Screws

GrimAlpha

New Member
Hey, I'm in the process of building a computer and I was about to put in the motherboard when I realized that the box didn't have any insulated screws. This is going to sound pretty stupid but I there aren't really any stores in the area that sell the insulator to attach to the screw so I was wondering if I just cut pieces of rubber off of kitchen gloves and then put them on the screw in the same fashion would suffice. Any advice would help.
 
insulating screws? actually what you use on the motherboard are brass riser screws, they help ground the motherboard and they keep all of its components on the back of the mobo from shorting on the case. no rubber screws in sight.
 
i've never seen any, none came with my case or any of my motherboards. i would just put the risers on and screw the motherboard on, thats what i have always done.
 
No, not those. The washer like thing that goes between the screw and the mobo

No need to use washers, you only use standoff on the holes with grounding strips around them. And you only tighten it down to keep the board snug not like your screwing it through a plank of wood.
moboscrew2bt8.png
 
Last edited:
Back
Top