TP Link USB Problem?

Legendaryk4

I built my computer yesterday and I am using a TP Link TL-WN722N USB to connect to my router. It works great, other than when I am installing games, specifically WoW and Diablo 3. It just randomly shuts off, then comes right back on within 5 secs. It has not done this when installing through Steam though. I dont know if my computer is doing it or if its a bug or what? It does it like every 5 mins or so.

Any help appreciated!

cjmarsh81

It sounds like the problem is occurring when you are using it fairly heavily. Is it getting hot?

I have had issue with USB wifi adaptors getting hot and dropping out in the past. Haven't had the same type of problem with internal wireless cards.

The only thing you can really try is to update the drivers for the device and see if you get any better performance. You could also find what type of chipset it uses normally Atheros, Ralink or similar and download the manufacturers driver for the device instead of the tp-link driver.

If that doesn't help try exchanging the device if it is only new for either another one or an internal wifi card.