TP_Link TL-PA4010 set up questions (Wireless won't work)

ssal

I have a pair of the TP_Link powerline extender. I had it running it acted as an additional wifi in the network.

I had to replace a new router. After the router is up and running, I plugged everything back on.

I am able to connect to the remote TP_Link with a cable. But I can't connect to the EXT wifi. I am able to see the wifi on the available wifi icon, but it shows "No Internet, Secured".

I guess I need to register it with the new router.

Can someone help?

ssal

Yep, you need to setup the powerlines to connect to the new router.
I downloaded the new version of the management software. I am not too sure how to set it up for wireless?

The adapter works when it is plugged in with a cable, so I think they are paired.

When I go into the ultility software, I see the network (the one that is not plugged to the router). But I don't know how to make the wireless work.

The computer sees a wifi name SSAL-EXT, which was the working wifi by TP-Link. But when I clicked on it, it would not connect.

Here is something funny. I called support and was told the TL-PA4010 doesn't support wireless. But before I switched out the router, the wireless SSAL-EXT was working.

Last edited: