Tranferring stuff and keeping the quality? confused?

garjobo

I want to copy a load of photos and HD video from my camcorder and digital camera.

I want to put them into a folder/s onto another hardrive ( from where i will either make a copy of them for safekeeping to dvd etc and/or edit in a video package )

ALL I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW please is, I place the SD card with photos into my SD slot ( and also HD footage from camcorder via USB cable )...I then open them up on Pictures in Windows....DO I RIGHT CLICK and SENT TO...my harddrive/ created a folder on there for them )...

Basically...If i simply...highlight the pics, then copy and paste them from SD card and into another folder on my computer / or this other harddrive....WILL THE QUALITY be the same? or is there a better way of transferring photos?

thanks

tremmor

Im an organizer with pictures. I created a directory call pictures. I would create
a directory maybe called Costa Rica 2011. Hold the shift key and tag the first picture
then tag the last picture or the movies then right click copy and paste into the directory you want it in. Your good to go. Then delete the pictures on the SD after verifying
the pictures are in the newly created directory.

And yes. the quality will be just like on the SD. Nothing changes.

Last edited: