Transfer HD files

88pimpin

I want to hook my friend's hard drive up to my computer to transfer the files. Anyone know how to do that exactly? Last time I tried to add a hard drive, it didn't show up, but wouldn't let my comuter run without it. I think it was a BIOS problem, but I got it fixed. Right now I'd just like to know how I can transfer them without problems.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Heya

The simplest thing would be to check the jumper settings so that no conflicts occur. Then it's as simple as copy-pasting it. Just make sure that the right drive is selected as the boot device.

JAN :D

88pimpin

I was able to get that to work. I tried to do that with another drive and it didn't work. It's a Compaq Quantum Fireball 1ct 10GB hard drive. I'm sure it's wiped out, because it was in a free computer I got at the school, and they clean everything off of the hard drives. I switched the pins to every position, but all I get is that it won't show up when the computer runs, or that the computer won't start up. 10GB isn't much, but that adds another 25% memory. Or at least something to put my South Park on to transfer, since regular DVDs are too small.

I got another one working, but it's a big 2.4GB.