Transfer rates

Hellomynameis

Is there a way that I can increase my download transfer rate? Cause everytime I download something, it takes like forever to complete and I'm using Dsl 256K.
If there's a way I can increase it, let me know, thanks.

patrickv

I'm using Dsl 256K.
If there's a way I can increase it, let me know, thanks.

DSL 256k = 30kbps, i think, correct me if am wrong, hehe you're not alone there buddy.
but i don't think your ISP will let you , they will tell you to upgrade your package to 512 or 1mbps or above.
but try calling them see what happens from there

cheers

Geoff

VIP Member
If you're getting between 20-30KBps, then theres nothing you can do short of upgrading to a faster package.

ApexHack

[sarcasm]Isn't that the beauty of those DSL agreements.[/sarcasm] Qwest - "Service speeds are "up to"......." & "(maximum speeds vary by location)" & some BS about "excessive use".

I've never seen even 80% of what was advertised as a 7Mbps. It's government sanctioned thievery if you ask me.

pip1011261

[sarcasm]Isn't that the beauty of those DSL agreements.[/sarcasm] Qwest - "Service speeds are "up to"......." & "(maximum speeds vary by location)" & some BS about "excessive use".

I've never seen even 80% of what was advertised as a 7Mbps. It's government sanctioned thievery if you ask me.

So so true.....im paying for 4Mbps but am only receiving about 1.8Mbps-2Mbps.......Damn you TCom I want the time I spent waiting those few milliseconds back, it does add up. Also d/loading large files and updates.......grrrrrrrr.

paratwa

It sucks to be you people. I am with Cox and I get my advertised 9meg download speeds, with 512k uploads. ;)

patrickv

It sucks to be you people. I am with Cox and I get my advertised 9meg download speeds, with 512k uploads. ;)

yeah it sucks to be us, i started out Dial-up then went to 256, still not satisfied so i upgraded to 512.i only get 60-70kbps down.
i'm thinking of putting 2mbps at home, the only problem is that the ISP does not offer such for home use, only offices :(

Geoff

VIP Member
yeah it sucks to be us, i started out Dial-up then went to 256, still not satisfied so i upgraded to 512.i only get 60-70kbps down.
i'm thinking of putting 2mbps at home, the only problem is that the ISP does not offer such for home use, only offices :(
Why are you complaining? 60-70KBps is exactly what you should be getting for a download speed with a 512Kbps connection.