Trasnferring music from 1 iTunes to another

Pc_Pimp

This is what I'm trying to do. I have a bunch of music on my desktop and I just got a laptop and would like to transfer my music from my desktop iTunes to my laptop iTunes. There different versions of iTunes if that matters? I tried putting the music on a flash drive and putting it on my laptop and I even put the playlists and library files in the new iTunes folder on the laptop but when. Yeah try listening to them they say file can't be located or something like that. Any ideas on how I can transfer my music?

Pc_Pimp

No its not purchased music its all music I've uploaded from cd's but I really don't wanna upload 2800 songs again and name them all. Its kinda a pain.

bkribbs

Just back it up to a disc, and then restore it on the new computer. I believe it is under the File menu somewhere, I will get back about it later.

iGeekOFComedy

Also if you have an external HDD. Just go to my documents or go to music. Find the itunes folder. Copy the itunes folder. Install itunes on the new computer. Exit itunes on the new computer. Paste the old itunes with all your music and overwrite the iTunes folder on your new computer. :)