Trend Micro. Real JUNK.

flanker

This program came installed on my new ASUS laptop, it is a stupid program and tries to block me from downloading other free programs. Tells me the program I am trying to download are dangerous and contain a virus.

Getting it off my ASUS was not easy, as it tried to not get removed.

I bought the laptop from Best Buy it was a special for them from ASUS, did B.B. install the Trend Micro software or did ASUS install it? Box was sealed with ASUS tape so I am thinking ASUS did it for B.B.

Anyway I hate the junk program, also Best Buy tries to give you Web Root also Norton Virus protection programs. Also their Geek Squad Agent help software.

I tell them no I don't want it installed they just keep trying to sell me on it and also push their extended warranty programs.

You are forced to be checked out by the Best Buy Geek Squad Birds, and they really try to sell you stuff.

I have watched many just getting it added to their credit cards, without the Geek Squad Birds ever being told it being added.:mad: It's a scam B.B. is pulling on people.:mad:

Machin3

I never buy Anti-Virus Programs. if it comes with a laptop or desktop then I always uninstall it and install AVG. I've always had AVG and never had a problem with it. Its also FREE!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yup. The box was sealed, so that means everything on there was installed by ASUS.

Slacker7

I never buy Anti-Virus Programs. if it comes with a laptop or desktop then I always uninstall it and install AVG. I've always had AVG and never had a problem with it. Its also FREE!

Except AVG's latest update has literally crippled systems running Vista and 7. it is a far cry from the reliable program it once was.

Link: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=20310

Good free antivirus: Avast and Avira and a whole lot lighter on system resources.

linkin

VIP Member
Best anti-virus: common sense.

If you want, you could reformat the machine. no nasty add on software. Most laptops come with recovery CD's don't they?

Machin3

^ +1, The only reason why people ever use Anti-Virus is because they go to sites that give them viruses and download stuff they shouldn't

flanker

I have never ever used any program other then SpyBot, and I have never had anything attack my computers. The people I have talked with who have had their computers infected, have had other run files on their systems.

And many others who think they are infected, are just having software or hardware problems.;)