Trojan.ByteVerify

Bobo

banned
The above virus/trojan constantly is infecting my comp. Norton finds all(i hope) of them, and supposedly deletes them, but I get like 10 a day. Is this something to worry about, like a firewall hole, or is it just that there is an abundance of this virus running around right now?

dave597

VIP Member
its not getting cleaned up properly in the first place. to stop further spread delete ALL instances of the virus. make sure you have your firewall turned on and allow no exceptions. scan the entire drive and backup.

Bobo

banned
dave597 said:
its not getting cleaned up properly in the first place. to stop further spread delete ALL instances of the virus. make sure you have your firewall turned on and allow no exceptions. scan the entire drive and backup.

Firewall is on. Clean drives all te time, AVG and Norton

Bobo

banned
dave597 said:
maybe theres a hacker directly targeting your system?

Hmmmmmm, I dunno. Next time I get one, I'll post it. The stream of them has slowed down as of yesterday/today, I was just to lazy to post this thread earlier....:rolleyes:

dave597

VIP Member
>>supposedly deletes them
erm. shouldnt you open up norton and scan the entire drive to check? also look in the quarantine and history for details.

I assume your using broadband/cable of some sort?