Trojan possible issue.

DrZoidberg

I haven't downloaded anything recently except maybe Power Director from cyberlink a few weeks back. Today keep getting this message from Malwarebytes. How do I identify the program that is trying to reach this website?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 12

beers

Staff member
I mean it tells you the EXE name itself, looks like an APIPA address so that's rather odd and 169.254 space doesn't route on the internet.

DrZoidberg

That file isn't a windows file? I don't know if it will give me entire path? Should I delete file? Currently running full Malwarebytes and Kaspersky scans. Hoping they will identify the specifics and quarantine anything of concern so I can delete more cleanly.

beers

Staff member
If you don't know what it is or don't use it then get rid of it.

You should be able to do a search for LicensingServer.exe and find it, the name itself sounds kinda sketch to be honest.

DrZoidberg

Well both complete scans didn't turn up anything. Malwarebytes required an update that needed a restart. I wonder if it was a false positive. I will keep an eye out for new messages and try a manual delete if need be.

DrZoidberg

Unfortunately I cleared the log before running full scans. So far though the message hasn't reappeared so we'll see.

DrZoidberg

I wanted to have Microsoft run a scan on my computer today to see if they can pick anything up but it would seem their service to add personal computer security issues is down right now. I was hoping they could do a real good scan and if all is good I can backup other things from that hard drive without worry of copying a virus, and order a new better computer as this machine is too old now.