Trojan Spooner.a

beckw79

I know how to use programs on my pc, but when it comes to things like virus' i'm afraid i'm not 'in the know'! :( So pls excuse me! :rolleyes:
Did avg scan yest, it found trojan spooner.a & delt with it ok. This morning I've booted up & I cant use the bottom toolbar (start menu) its not active whatso ever, I ran the AVG test again & found same virus. But this time it cant remove the file. I get this msg:
File C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0009567.CPY can not be removed
:eek:
Any idea's on whats going on?

beckw79

Thanks, some1 gave me a link for a2 earlier & i ran it, although it found nothing the AVG scanner no longer finds trojan. (i'm hoping this isnt "hiding" though as i went to find files & put in the file name that avg was saying it couldnt remove & deleted anything with that name manually. didnt seem to find the actuall file, looked more like log files from avg scanning as file had .CPY at the end of it & none found had that.
Anyway, now suffering from another prob which i'll post ass a new thread!

smitherz

AVG makes up viruses when it scans that don't even exist on your hard drive, norton does the same. you wana get your self a good firewall and get sophos virus scan (one of the best in the business)

smitherz :D

beckw79

Are any of the free ones any good? Cant afford to spend money atm. (dont say it "i cant afford not to get a decent one!"
Thought i'd ask incase there are!???

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
AVG makes up viruses when it scans that don't even exist on your hard drive, norton does the same. you wana get your self a good firewall and get sophos virus scan (one of the best in the business)
WOW. I would say something but im still shocked.

Are any of the free ones any good?
- AVG is good enough ... the odds of you personally encountering athe ultimate virus is fairly small.
- ZoneAlarm and Agnitum have free firewalls
- Spybot is a free antispyware solution

beckw79

I have AVG free ed & Zonealarm firewall. This trojan still managed to get through somehow & still causing probs! (posted problem earlier, title "start menu inactive") :eek: