Trouble getting back to WMP10

Goldenblack440

Hello, i have XP SP3 and have been successfully using WMP 10 for years up until now. I love WMP 10 and hate 11, it is really horrible. I tried to play a movie and it says it needs WMP 11 (or Udate your version of WMP). So i downloaded WMP11 and of course, when i tried to play the movie it said, your version of WMP is not installed properly(!!). So now i give up and want to go back to Version 10 so i can be happy again, but the computer will not let me install it. The Microsoft website download of 10, says this version is not compatible with your version of Windows.

Can anyone help me go back to 10 please? I remember there used to be a provision where you could "Rollback" to the previous version of WMP. BUt i can't seem to find it. I also use WMP Classic, but it is slow to respond with streaming. And Real Player (which seems to be connected to WMP somehow, is like a dinosaur with a sore leg.

Thanks !

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Uninstall 11 through add/remove programs and it should revert back to version 10

Goldenblack440

hi John, thanks for quick reply on this. I spent hours trying to use first the Windows Uninstall and then Piriform CCleaner, and do you know i could not find WMP in either of the Program lists.! They are cunning, after a long time i finally expanded SP3 and there it was. So i uninstalled it and it told me it would revert back to the previous version of WMP (which is 10), which it did successfully. So i am happy again. Thanks

On a gripey grumpy note, why the hell can't microflaccid make a decent standard Media Player. Classic is great. WMP10 is good. WMP 11 is horrible and unstable and you can't even open a file the normal way.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like version 11 whatsoever. I stay with version 10 and i'm happy as can be.

You could have had a bad install of 11.