Trouble installing windows 7 from disc

saulat_99

I just upgraded/built a new PC and gave my girl my old PC minus a few parts. I took out my Nvidia Geforce 8800 and left her with no video card. She has a LCD monitor connected to a Gigabyte G41M-ES2L motherboard via VGA. I backed everything up and am now trying to install Windows 7. The hard drive has XP on it and came from her old PC. When I boot from CD with the Windows 7 disc it shows the Windows starting screen/logo and then has a background on the screen that I believe is there when you are going through the installation. No windows are showing up and nothing is on the screen except the mouse and the Windows background. I can't get to any agreements or where I delete the old partition or anything. Any help would be appreciated. One thought I had was putting in the graphics card form her old Dimension 8400. I was wondering if it is better than the on board graphics for the motherboard, apparently the graphics card that came in that dell is a 256MB ATI Radeon X800XT Ultra graphics card. The on-board graphics are the Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X450.

If anyone can help me, especially with getting the install going or has any comments as to the graphics card please let me know. The Windows disc I burned myself and is the 64 bit version, I have used it to upgrade my new system so I know it works.

Last edited:

saulat_99

I am sorry, it came up. It just took some time. Please delete the thread. Pretty sure the ATI card beats the intel onboard graphics as well. Thanks anyways.