Trouble with installing win xp from dos

jrgeneye

Hi

I have formatted the harddrive and i only have one partition. When im installing win xp the message comes up: the computer will restart, and the installation will continue after restart. But when the computer have restarted the installation begin at the start again! Please help me! :eek:

Hellbreather

The disk may be damaged or the computer has a problem with installing Windows XP. Either way try creating a new partition and try again. If your booting it from DOS the process is a bit harder

mgoldb2

VIP Member
jrgeneye said:
I have formatted the harddrive and i only have one partition. When im installing win xp the message comes up: the computer will restart, and the installation will continue after restart. But when the computer have restarted the installation begin at the start again! Please help me! :eek:

If you got past the initial setup and choosing what partition to install windows and install file and then it ask you to restart. When you restart make sure you hit no buttons other wise you restarting the setup. You can even take the cd out when it restarting. If it working correctly this should get you to the next step in the installation.

jrgeneye

Thanks for the answers but i have allready tried it! It dident work :( maybe something is wrong with the IDE cables but i dont now what...