Trouble with Laptop LCD Screen

Lyniclee21

Looking for advice on my compaq 900 series laptop, I was using an external VGA monitor when I noticed the LCD screen no longer worked properly, the screen is VARY Dark, as so that I can barely make out whats is on the screen, It works fine on the VGA monitor though, did it mess something up by using the external monitor for so long? The local Geek store wants $250 to fix it, But I perfer the Do-it-your-self method, any sugestions on where to start,
Windows XP Home,

rew

I had exactly the same prob... the problem was a brolen back light and only cost me $20 at the local repair shop. They suspected I mightve needed a new screen but I was lucky enough to find honest guys. Id take it elsewhere and mention you suspect its only a broken backlight.

<<seS>>Saint

rew said:
I had exactly the same prob... the problem was a brolen back light and only cost me $20 at the local repair shop. They suspected I mightve needed a new screen but I was lucky enough to find honest guys. Id take it elsewhere and mention you suspect its only a broken backlight.

I would have to agree invest in a black light first before buying a new screen or laptop all together. Because replacing the LCD screen can get a little pricey