Trying to Capture Video Footage - Having Problems

kermit

I'm trying to capture a video file from a DVD player onto my computer.

Right now I have a inverter, dvd, computer and they're all connected the intervter is connected to my PC via SVIDEO cable. But I don't know how to capture footage.

I have a couple programs including NERO. And it does have a "capture" option but I'm when I try to click it - it doesn't work.

I'm told two things:

1. I need to find out if my video card will allow me to capture footage. I have a Geforce FX5200 256 - Does anyone know if it will allow me to capture footage.

2. I need a DV converter - Is this correct.

ADMIN - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not so I posted it one other place.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Hah, I see you told us you posted it twice now :p Still, no need to, heck I just look at the new posts, not in individual forums :p

Anyway, your card does not have capture capabilities. YOu could get a DV to AV converter if you have firewire, or just get a standard analoge capture card

kermit

I'm going to borrow a DV converter tommorrow. Any idea how much those cost? I may want to pick one up.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Like I mentioned before, you HAVE to have DV/Firewire on your computer for this to work. If you don't, one of those cards usally goes for around $40, and the DV to AV converters go for about $150-200. Capture cards go for about 30-60, or much more depending on the features and all.