Trying to get playstation dualshock 4 controller to work with bluetooth

LainJeremy

Hello,

I have purchased a usb bluetooth and it is connected to my laptop. I can connect the dualshock 4 controller to my laptop and it connects.

I have done some reading and it says I need the program ds4windows to get it to work with playstations remote play. I can see the remote on the remotes page and I can change the light color so I know it is connected, I choose the default profile, but when I go to play games it inputs nothing into the game screen.

What is happening? Why is this not working?

LainJeremy

In the instructions you gave me in the link it says:

Using Remote Play

2. Connect the controller to your computer with a USB cable(This Works), or pair it using a DUALSHOCK 4 USB wireless adapter.

It doesn't say anything about using a bluetooth adapter.

But here it does talk about that. These are the instructions I tried to follow.

link here:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-use-a-ps4-controller-on-pc/

I followed these instructions from pcgamer.com, and it didn't work for me.

LainJeremy

I have a keyboard on the bottom of my dualshock 4 controller. It is connected with bluetooth and the games take the input from it on remote play through Windows 10.

LainJeremy

I found the problem. I have to go in and put all the keyboard presses in the ds4windows profile so that it inputs all the dualshock 4 keypresses in the game exatly as it would if I
was using the keyboard to play the games. Once done with that I can save the dualshock controller profile and it should work everytime and I shouldn't have to do this again.

I will see if I can find a link to all the keyboard presses so the controller can be programmed and profile saved. The default profile didn't work for me.

So DS4windows did work for bluetooth dualshock 4 for Windows 10 input. You just have to go in and put in all the keypresses.

LainJeremy

Also you need to check these settings to see if these options are selected to make sure that these things are working correctly that the program is giving the right input.

I don't know if these are the exact instructions but it got it working for me.

So on the controllers tab select the profile that you are using in the drop down menu.

On the auto profiles tab on cotroller # select the profile you want to use for that controller. You can connect up to 4 dualshock 4 controllers and select profiles. Do the same instructions for each controller.

On settings make sure you check and uncheck after you have already done the other instructions I have told you with inputing the keypresses and saving a profile then the other instructions.

Then check the hide DS4 controller box click on the remote play window to make sure it is selected and taking input, if it does not then uncheck that box hide DS4 Controller then click back on the remote play window to make sure the remote play window is taking in the input. I will correct this later after I find the exact instructions.

Make sure you check the run at startup option so that you do not need to go through these settings each time you start windows.

After you follow these instructions you should be able to push the playstation button and it will connect to windows 10 automatically through bluetooth and it will connect with ds4windows ds4windows has your selected profile saved for each remote that you chose up to 4 controllers and it should input into the game each time automatically.

LainJeremy

Does someone have a link to a list of all the keyboard and mouse presses so I can put the key inputs in the profile?

LainJeremy

This program will not work ds4windows. PS4 Remote play will not take computer keyboard inputs or mouse inputs. So even if you can map all the buttons that way to the dualshock connected by bluetooth remote will not take the keyboard inputs from the dualshock 4 or the keyboard or mouse.

You will need a program called rewasd and it has to recognize the dualshock 4 connected as a bluetooth device and it inputs it into the computers control panel settings and remote play recognizes it as a dualshock 4 and it can be used as a normal control.

Or I think you can use keyboard inputs like it you pluged a mouse and keyboard using a unified reciever. I think it would take the input from your computer or mouse that is built into a laptop that way maybe. It has a 14 day free trial so you can try it that way to see if it works for you. But the controller works for me with bluetooth so I will be using it that way.

rewasd is a program that is going to cost me $6.00