trying to get some extra life out of my computer

starhawk

I need to know what gaming video card i can buy for my TH7II motherboard. Currently I have a Radeon 8500. I want to buy a new one so I can play some more current games.

zakattack9

I'd say switch to NVidia. They release much better cards faster. I'd say settle for an 8800GT if you wanna be for another year. If you want, you could settle a $350 budget one an 9800GTX... you need to have a 12cm fan to keep it cool.

Dean11

Judging by the video card you have in now your system is quite old. It wont be possible to upgrade that machine to play the latest games i suggest you save your money for a whole new machine. If you really want to upgrade the card i would suggest a radeon x850pro agp or x800gto. These cards are outdated, yes but it is already overkill. If you were to put in the latest agp card the rest of your hardware could not keep up therefore would be a waste of money. Hope this helps.

bengal85

I dont know but there is nothing wrong with gwtting life out of an olf machine I still have an IBM think pad from the 90's this thing is HUGE

bm23

I dont know but there is nothing wrong with gwtting life out of an olf machine I still have an IBM think pad from the 90's this thing is HUGE

nope, there's nothing wrong. but it would be more sensible to save a bit more to buy a new system rather than spending a lot to upgrade an old system, which in many case doesnt even help that much.

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
Judging by the video card you have in now your system is quite old. It wont be possible to upgrade that machine to play the latest games i suggest you save your money for a whole new machine. If you really want to upgrade the card i would suggest a radeon x850pro agp or x800gto. These cards are outdated, yes but it is already overkill. If you were to put in the latest agp card the rest of your hardware could not keep up therefore would be a waste of money. Hope this helps.

Exactly! There's only so much you can do to your computer, but even then, I think it'd still be struggling. What are the full specs of it, do you know?

The X850 Pro is an excellent card, I had one and it could play FEAR maxxed out no problem, so it's probably the best AGP card you could get.