Tunnel Question

XF8X

At my parents restaurant we have a "high speed" connection. At home I use a Bell USB wireless internet stick. I get charged if I download too much on the stick. Is there any way to tunnel my internet from the restaurant to my USB stick so that I can download as much as I want?

The Qban

tunneling your computer to your computer at the restaurant is kinda wierd if you think about it. You kinda need internet to get to the restaurant through the vpn, so that defies the point. You can setup a tunnel to connect from your computer to your restaurants network or computer, not neccesaraily the internet. and whatever you use via the tunnel, is still considered the same amount of data as if you were not using the tunnel. If you download a 5 mb video to your computer, without the tunnel, its the same data size if you transfer the 5 mb video through a tunnel. So no, it wouldnt help much and to even get the tunnel to setup to use the internet, though you need the internet in the first place is pointless. It wouldnt work and would prob cause more data transfer, therefore more money. data works no matter in what form or medium, its always 0s and 1s, data transfer is data no matter what way you use it

AdmnPower

VIP Member
I agree completely, the only way a tunnel would help you is if you weren't supposed to use your wireless connection for a specific type of content. Say streaming video was banned for what ever reason, if you tunnel to the other location you should be able to stream video (provided both connections are fast enough since you're adding an extra step for the data)