tv out screen headache

B-MAN

Hey i have a nvidia gforce 6600 gt. I have my tv connected with s-video. I adjusted the screen so it fits in the screen of the tv. But everytime i close a full screen program the settings reset and the image is stretched byond the border of the tv's screen. (still following?).

I then have to go to the menu again to load the settings.

I had this on another tv aswell.

I use dualview.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
When video editing, you have "safe zones" where you can place titles. There are certain areas on the screen which are never seen, and ones that are seen but sometimes will move off screen depending on the image. If you watch your TV closely, the picture will move. This is espcially obvious on older sets.

With that said, portions of the image being off the screen is quite normal. There are options to get around this such as disabling overscan, but then you'll probably get a pretty bad black border around the screen.

I don't know if this totally answeres your question, but that's how the stuff works :p If you're full screen application is say a video playing full screen, most of those are meant to stretch off the edge of a TV...

B-MAN

Yeah i can resize it so it does show all of the image.. it's just that it stretches back to the original size after i close the full screen application. Is this just an nvidia quirk? i can save the settings but i have to go tru 10 menu's to restore it :/

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Hmm... If I were home I could test it out more because I have my 7600GT there. Unfortunetly, now I just have my crappy little laptop that doesn't even have TV-Out :p Assuming I don't forget, I could try it this weekend ^^;

Just a thought, have you tried different drivers?

tlarkin

VIP Member
You are using it as an extra monitor or are you using it to watch movies and the like?

I have mine at home set to clone form the PC, then run whatever video and audio out into my tv and watch it that way.