TV Tuner viewer?

Bwangster12

I have tried a few different programs such as ChrisTV (basic), DsScaler, Amcap... and none seem to be any good. I have used PVRs such as GBPVR, but I am looking for a compact, low memory usage program to just allow me to watch live tv. I have Orb now to record shows and don't need one of these feature enriched PVRs. Does anyone know of any good ones?

I can't seem to get sound on Amcap, or the others for that matter. It's like the programs are taking the audio from my sound card and not str8 from the TV Tuner. There is no cable to connect the two either.

PC eye

banned
How about something that works great for tv tuning and video capturing as well? When viewing you simply double click to open to full screen viewing. AVerMedia has done a great job here with their pci type tv tuner/pvr/capture cards. Here's a look at the next to go in here. http://www.aver.com/mpd/ultratv1500.html

PC eye

banned
The products there are usb as well as pci types. The pci models patch into the existing sound for output for viewing or during video capture. The software package besides tv tuning and video capture included a vcr timer for recording into mpeg II format. You can play back video files with a large number of free players as well as WMP.

That is an option to upgrade the hardware as well as the software(s) used. The software goes on easy and is quite reliable. You also have dvd and vcd burning capability there.

Duffman656

Avermedia's good, sept I found two errors with it.

1: the sound and video seem to be a bit outta sync, sometimes it's as bad as audio comes in 2 seconds bad.
2: Sometimes the video freezes completely when I try to record.

PC eye

banned
When you are capturing video you will note the small amount of text explaining the drops in frames seen then. The vcr portion hasn't been used a great deal here while the input when tried with cable seemed to always have audio and video insync and surprisingly a little ahead of what was seen and heard on a tv nearby.

When you see locks when going to record try the update option by right clicking on both audio and video items seen in the device manager. choose the "I will choose the device myself" option and browse the cd. Windows will recopy those in a split second and you should see that corrected right there. The drivers need refreshing every so often. I found that one out over the last 4yrs. of using their products.