TV Tuner..

ThePCmaN

whats the best TV Tuner out there today?! fill me in with ur opinions and some suggestions with a lil detail backup please.. my computer is in my sig, so i think ill be able to handle anything i throw at it.. thankss

vista18dc

I use a USB TV tuner from WinTV, all you have to do is plug it in and either use the mini portable Ariel you get in the package to plug into the USB stick or use your Ariel that normally goes into your TV, and that's it really with my one you can run it though the software provided or use Windows Media Centre (which personally I think is better for the job) just look in any computer shop and see what you think

footballstevo75

I paid about $150 for my win pvr 500 in July.
The thing is awesome, just like tivo, record and watch a different channel at the same time.

ThePCmaN

i need the best tuner with a remote, that has instant response time when changin channels n all that.. and i use XP Pro, hopefully that wont be a problem..

what about.. Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1800 MCE -or- Hauppauge WinTV PVR 350

anyone got any facts on those?

footballstevo75

Shouldn't have any compatibility problems with those two. Looking back, yeah remote would be nice, had it on my old AIW X1900.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I have a WinTV PVR150 I got a few years ago that's wonderful. Great quality, onboard compressor, etc etc... The only problem is that you may consider finding an ATSC tuner rather than simply a NTSC. I know my LCD TV at home can pick up a few digital stations that our older analog TVs obviously can't.

footballstevo75

I have a WinTV PVR150 I got a few years ago that's wonderful. Great quality, onboard compressor, etc etc... The only problem is that you may consider finding an ATSC tuner rather than simply a NTSC. I know my LCD TV at home can pick up a few digital stations that our older analog TVs obviously can't.
Good point, my TV is the same.