Tv -vs- monitor for pc games

eliot94

Hello, I am currently using a 32" 1080p samsung TV for all my computing and have had no problems what so ever. I also have a 22" monitor.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I was wondering if I am playing a online PC game on the TV will other people playing the game that are using a monitor have an advantage over me at all?

Also Would I be better using the monitor for gaming? why? Any answers would be appreciated, thanks :)

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Well...this is a hard question to answer. Your 22" monitor either runs at 1680 X 1050 or 1920 X 1080 (probably the former). If so, your TV has more pixels than the monitor, and thus will probably display more in game.

As for an advantage, I guess you can see more on the TV compared to most <22" monitors, but otherwise it's up to personal preferences.

joh06937

i prefer monitors. i does depend a lot on monitor and tv quality and personal preference but i find tvs to sort of make the picture a little "glossier." they do not seem to have quite the same look as a monitor and thus i highly prefer my monitor to my tv. i am not sure exactly how to explain the difference other than the tv gives sort of a "glossy" look to everything (mostly noticeable when watching movies). just pick whichever one you think looks best and use that one!