Two Chrome questions

Dimitri

1. In settings there is an option that says "continue running background apps when Chrome is closed"

What the heck does that mean? What does it keep running?

2. Google seems to unload tabs which I don't use after a while, so that if I have a youtube video, when I click on it next it will reload it and I can't continue from where I left off watching.

Is there a way to get it to stop doing this, or, preferably, to stop it from doing it for youtube?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
That means chrome will run when you close it, keeping your tabs and everything saved where they were.
No, that means any add-ons that you may run (Hangouts, Pushbullet, etc) will continue to run even if you close Chrome. To quit them completely you need to exit Chrome from the system tray.

_Glitch

2. Google seems to unload tabs which I don't use after a while, so that if I have a youtube video, when I click on it next it will reload it and I can't continue from where I left off watching.
Is there a way to get it to stop doing this, or, preferably, to stop it from doing it for youtube?

I was looking in chrome flags and found a feature called "Automatic tab discarding"
I believe this is the feature you want to disable.

You enter chrome flags by typing in "chrome://flags" in the URL.