Two GPUs and two monitors, how does it work?

NoteSalad

Hi, today I got myself a new computer. It has space for 1 more GPU, the current GPU doesn't have more than 1 HDMI port, so I was planning on connecting my secondary monitor (since I don't use it for anything else than a web browser and some streaming stuff) to another GPU. I know it works (I think), but the only thing I was wondering about is this: would a game running on my new GPU, dedicate "all" of its resources to everything on my main display, instead of a browser on one display, and game on another.
So if I only had one GPU, that GPU would render (?) both displays, thus consuming more resources? Or am I completely wrong, I mean it does sound logical

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can connect the second monitor to the original video card using an adapter to dvi or display port depending on what it has. Or I would actually recommend getting a cable with the correct ends on each side.

What video card do you have and what games do you play?

NoteSalad

You can connect the second monitor to the original video card using an adapter to dvi or display port depending on what it has. Or I would actually recommend getting a cable with the correct ends on each side.

What video card do you have and what games do you play?
It's fine now, I returned the pc, because I did not like it. But I play games like GTA, CSGO, and soon the new Battlefield, minecraft too. I have a GTX 970 4gb DDR5, and my main card is Asus dual 1060 O6GB DDR5 too I think.