Two identical devices

Pyotr

I'm not sure I put this in the right forum. If I didn't someone please beat me with a wet stick. :rolleyes:

If I buy two identical DVD writers and put them in the same computer, will they work without problems?

kof2000

it is more reliable to rip to hdd before burning it to disc anyways. the one that burns the files should be more powerful and faster than the one you copy from if you are doing it on the fly. so u should not buy two same drives.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If I didn't someone please beat me with a wet stick.
Can I use a dry prickly one? :p

If I buy two identical DVD writers and put them in the same computer, will they work without problems?
They dont even have to be identical.

why would u buy two? some programs wont let u burn with two burners at once.
There are some reasons, not many, but some but most programs WILL let you burn multiple at once (ive not found one that doesnt)

so u should not buy two same drives.
Should prollt waitt till we find out why he wants two :p

Pyotr

Because I'm stupid. I only need another DVD READER, not writer, damn me. Dry sticks are allowed. :p

m3incorp

You don't REALLY need another DVD ROM at all. The reason that most people would use a second DVD ROM is if it allows faster ripping than their burner does. It is not advisable to record on the fly, too much room for errors. The usual method of recording DVDs is to rip the DVD to your harddrive (whether this be with the DVD Burner or DVD ROM) and then record from the hardrive folder to the DVD Burner.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The reason that most people would use a second DVD ROM is if it allows faster ripping than their burner does
Not just that ... its also a more durable piece of equipment :)