Two Internet Connections, One Box

General-Davis

I currently have access to a nice, fast college network. Unfortunetly, they use a program called Packeteer to ensure that only so much bandwidth is allotted for certain ports and protocols.
In addition to this connection, I have a modem and an account with a local ISP with no such restrictions. The network is slow to the point that a dial-up connection is faster in many regards.
I am interested in any software that can let me use these two connections simultaneously. I am hoping there is a simple solution that I just can't find because I can't word it correctly for Google.

Imaruki

I have a customer who uses a special kind of router made by D-Link and it allows him to use DSL and Cable internet at the same time.

computerdude2004

It is possible to use two connections at one time. When dial-up was the only internet service around people used to use two lines for a faster connection. I believe that you have to have two accounts with your ISP to have multiple connections.

geek_in_love

computerdude2004 said:
It is possible to use two connections at one time. When dial-up was the only internet service around people used to use two lines for a faster connection. I believe that you have to have two accounts with your ISP to have multiple connections.

Here's a bad point.. Why pay for 2 accounts when an upgrade would probably be a better deal???

bilbus

Packeteer is a hardware applience that does layer 7 filtering. It is only slow because they filter out the traffic you are sending .. i bet the network is very fast. Packeteer generaly throttles all p2p traffic, and lowers priority of non critial trafic.

Packeteer is great!

"load balance" is the word you are looking for