Two Moniters....

haha

alright so i have two moniters and i was wondering...is there a way to have two different wallpaper backgrounds? cuz right now i have the same one on two moniters...and ya it gets repetitive...hehe thanks im using vista premium and 8800 gts...so if anyone could give me step by step..that would b GREAT...thanks in advance

I forget where exactly, but there is an option somewhere in the nVidia control panel or desktop manager. Either that, or it's an option in UltraMon (an app that I use to control my monitors), but I'm pretty sure it's in the nVidia desktop manager.

edit: i've found it...go to control panel > nView Desktop Manager > click on tab "Desktops" > "Add"

enjoy :)

Last edited:

heyman421

banned
ultramon
untitledkr5.jpg

untitledrr5.jpg

untitleduq2.jpg

haha

I forget where exactly, but there is an option somewhere in the nVidia control panel or desktop manager. Either that, or it's an option in UltraMon (an app that I use to control my monitors), but I'm pretty sure it's in the nVidia desktop manager.

edit: i've found it...go to control panel > nView Desktop Manager > click on tab "Desktops" > "Add"

enjoy :)

i dont have a nview desktop manager...i have a nvidia control panel...and i cant seem to fine what you are saying about "desktops and add...thanks

Edit: i just searched it on google...should i download it then? thanks

it also seems that it only supports:
Quadro FX 3450 SDI
Quadro FX 4000
Quadro FX 4000 SDI
Quadro FX 4400
Quadro FX 4500

does that mean it won't work for my 8800 gts?

Edit #2: on this site for hints for installing http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_installation_hints.html

should i pay attention to the third bold? ive got "nvidia drivers" installed..s.hould i get rid of it? thanks

Last edited:
The Desktop, Add thing is only in the nView desktop manager, not the nVidia control panel. I'm pretty sure it comes bundled with the nVidia control panel software. I think to activate the nView desktop manger, you should run through the multi-display config wizard in the nVidia Control Panel.

Also, the nView thing doesn't only work with a Quadro...I have a 7600GS and it works fine.

haha

You could also use UltraMon, its what i use and its very very easy to use, and versatile.

thanks for the suggestion...i started downloading ultramon and then there is a license...did u get a license? or did u just do the trial? is the trial like x amount of days or does it not have a lot of features? thanks