Two montiors two apps running at same time

zuneyramon

My question is, is it possible to run two monitors on one pc, but have two things running at the same time, and how. an example would be say playing a game one one while using skype on the other, with out having the game minimize. is this even possible?

joh06937

for games that i have used on one monitor while having the other running, they lock the mouse so it can't go onto the other monitor. some games you can like dirt 2 but then when you select something it will pause the game. music will stop and you have to click on the game to get it going again. but those are only games that don't "lock" the mouse.

joh06937

no i haven't. it gets really annoying if i have to do something in the middle of a game, especially if the game doesn't minimize from alt+enter. then you have to save, quit, do your thing, restart, wait, wait, wait... get back into the moment... anyone else found some way around this?

newgunner

Why not play that game in windowed mode? If it can support it of course. I know some games can only be played in Full Screen.

linkin

VIP Member
Get a second computer for web browsing/music :p

I don't know how you could fix this. I just minimise the game and do what i need to do.

Dropkickmurphys

Yeah I have run Dual monitors for years, and the best solution I have found is to run any games you can in windowed mode. I.e. I play WoW in windowed mode so I can do stuff on my other screen too...

Only problem is most games dont allow you to do this (FPS's for example)...

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
One way to get out of games that can't be alt tabbed is to do ctrl alt del and open up task manager. This will steal the attention away from the game and allow you to return to your desktop. When you're done with whatever you're doing just maximize the game again.

joh06937

One way to get out of games that can't be alt tabbed is to do ctrl alt del and open up task manager. This will steal the attention away from the game and allow you to return to your desktop. When you're done with whatever you're doing just maximize the game again.

that is a good tactic but i have had trouble even with that. i have had games (can't remember specifics but if i do i will post) where i did that but it would just go back to the game. i can't remember if those games would work with the alt+enter or not...