Two OS but on Two Seperate HDs?

ChrisUlrich

Windows XP Pro on one drive.
Windows 7 Beta on another drive.

Will this cause any confusion during startup?

The purpose of this if Windows 7 gives me any issues, I have Windows XP Pro all set to go on another harddrive.

Invisible Man

Windows XP Pro on one drive.
Windows 7 Beta on another drive.

Will this cause any confusion during startup?

The purpose of this if Windows 7 gives me any issues, I have Windows XP Pro all set to go on another harddrive.

It should not cause any problem if you format the second hdd and install os 7 on it. When you finished installed 7 and pc asked to restart it would pop up a dual boot menu.

Makesure you have all the drivers on a usb or disc ready just incase some drivers is not compatable with os 7.

ChrisUlrich

It should not cause any problem if you format the second hdd and install os 7 on it. When you finished installed 7 and pc asked to restart it would pop up a dual boot menu.

Makesure you have all the drivers on a usb or disc ready just incase some drivers is not compatable with os 7.

What you mean? Have it on a disc? What would that help me with?

Invisible Man

What you mean? Have it on a disc? What would that help me with?
What I meant is if you don't have any of the drivers like graphic card than download it from the graphic card manufacture site for that drivers and burn it on a cd. So when you install the windows 7 and it does not recognized the graphic card then you can install the drivers. Just incase. U want to install os 7 with no problem. When there is a problem is just wasting ur time. That the way I feel when I try something new. I don't want no hiccup.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I'm doing that right now and it's fine. It just gives you a bootup menu giving you the option of choosing Windows 7 or a previous version of Windows (which in this case is XP).

Sean89

I'm doing that right now and it's fine. It just gives you a bootup menu giving you the option of choosing Windows 7 or a previous version of Windows (which in this case is XP).

how would you be given the option between them? When they're on 2 different hds, wouldnt you have to go into the bios and change the boot order if you wanted to switch from 1 to another?

Intel_man

VIP Member
Umm.. no that's not what you do.

there is a boot menu everytime you start your computer that allows you to choose between the two.

Keollyn

That's the same exact thing I want to do, except I already have Vista as my primary. I wonder if I can remove Vista (probably can't since it was factory installed)