Two Questions About AMD 5700 Series

Slacker7

After eight years I am in the process of putting together a new Ryzen 3rd Gen system. I have all the parts except monitor and video card. I have been well aware of the issues concerning the 5700 cards but since the release of the Adrenalin 20.2.2 these issues have been resolved for many owners. My questions are:

1. Are their heat issues with these cards or only some of them or none at all? Prior to yesterday I never came across anyone in their reviews mentioning heat problems until now so I would like to know owner experiences and whether or not they noticed a design flaw with the cooling.

2. I understand the Sapphire models are the ones to purchase but what other offerings would make a good choice and what ones are lesser quality? Yeah, I understand that this can be to a degree subjective. Just trying to make an informed decision.

Thanks.

OmniDyne

Are their heat issues with these cards or only some of them or none at all?

AMD cards with blower style coolers, such as the reference design from AMD, do provide inferior cooling. It's recommended to avoid those styles of cards.

I understand the Sapphire models are the ones to purchase but what other offerings would make a good choice and what ones are lesser quality?

Check out Gamers Nexus reviews of the 5700 cards. He's reviewed most, if not all, of the series in addition to disassembling the cards to check for quality and consistency. The Sapphire cards seem to be the best all-around cards in quality, pricing, and support. Also, the higher priced models didn't seem to provide much of an advantage. Seems as if the silicon is pretty maxed out as it is and doesn't provide much, if any, overclocking potential, depending on the silicon.

Slacker7

AMD cards with blower style coolers, such as the reference design from AMD, do provide inferior cooling. It's recommended to avoid those styles of cards.

Check out Gamers Nexus reviews of the 5700 cards. He's reviewed most, if not all, of the series in addition to disassembling the cards to check for quality and consistency. The Sapphire cards seem to be the best all-around cards in quality, pricing, and support. Also, the higher priced models didn't seem to provide much of an advantage. Seems as if the silicon is pretty maxed out as it is and doesn't provide much, if any, overclocking potential, depending on the silicon.

I will do this and thanks for your reply. It is much appreciated.