Two questions about Excel 2003

jaes

My computer came with Excel 2003 installed--never used it. However, there is an application where Excel could save me a lot of time/work. Consequently, for past month I have been struggling to teach myself Excel 2003 (I have a DVD program that instructs and I have read 2 "for dummies" books). To my surprise, I've learned enough to design a "utility worksheet" where I can enter GAS, WATER & ELECTRIC data across several rental apartments (wife & I are "mom & pop landlords")---In the past few days I have completed a "worksheet" that has the perfect format. I have title the WORKBOOK: "2007 Utilities." ---I have titled the 1st WORKSHEET: "January." QUESTION #1: Since I have the perfect format/template (on the 1st WORKSHEET (title "January"), is there anyway I can copy everything (i.e., format & formulas--no data yet) to the 2nd WORKSHEET, which I will title: "February" -- Then, the 3rd WORKSHEET: "March"--etc. QUESTION #2: After I have a whole year with a WORKBOOK titled "2007 Utilites," (containing a WORKSHEET for every month); then, is there a way that I could copy the whole WORKBOOK (format & formulas--no data), to another WORKBOOK?? (I'll re-name that WORKBOOK "2008 Utilities." --I would like to make several such WORKBOOKS for future years. Hope I've explained the problem. --can't seem to find the answers in the books I've read, thusfar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Remember I am a "dummie" about Excel 2003, so any instructions should be aimed at that level. Thanks. ---Jaes.

TFT

VIP Member
If I'm right, there is a tab in the lower left corner. Right click and it will offer to move/copy. Click and tick copy, this will create a duplicate copy tab. Right click and rename.
You can do this to create monthly tabs for the whole year.