Two Wireless Routers On One Network

Russian777

Hey guys I have 2 Dlink Wireless routers on one network. One is A DGL-4500 And the other is a DI-524 Dlink also. And now the second wireless router is not working I can connect to it but I am not getting any internet. What settings do I have to configure so that I can run 2 wireless routers on one network.

All help is appreciated :)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Basically what needs to happen is you need to disable dhcp on the second router and configure it as an access point providing that model router can be turned into an access point. Are you just waning to extend your wireless range or what?

Homenet

What are you trying to accomplish with this? Obviously only one router can be your default gateway out so are you just trying to bridge them together to extend your range? In which case both routers will need to support wireless bridging.

ganzey

banned
i have a linksys upstairs and a 100ft ethernet cable going to my room where it is connected to a netgear router. they both have computers hooked up with ethernet cables, and they both give off wireless. i just plugged it in and it worked.

Russian777

Here is the diagram to better understand.

routersplacement.jpg

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The problem is you are connecting routers to the wan port, which you can't. They need to be hooked up to the lan ports. You have to disable dhcp on the last 2 routers, as you want the ip addresses to be assigned by the first router. According to your drawing, you have a modem and 3 routers in your setup, not 2. Try contacting Dlink for support to see if this is even feasible for you.