UAC - old compagny computer

proxybullet

Hi, i bought a used computer on auction, but the computer comes from a worldwide compagny and there is this UAC username and password protections for everything, i can not login to the admin account and i can not install anything or change any settings before i enter UAC username and password, is there a workaround for this or would it help if i replace the HDD ? i can't even open a exe file and if i try to go into bios settings its ask for the username and password too. I have never seen this kind of protection before. and would hate to know that i wasted money on a pc that i can barely use for searching the web without all kind of crazy protection.
I am the right owner of the pc. i tried to call the compagny that used the pc before they upgraded to new ones. but there was not that much help, all they said was " well our it department always set this protection on the computers but we do not have the username and password for it." they than gave me a number for a it department in India, i called them but they wanted some kind of employ number, but i do not have that because i have never worked for them i just bought the cheap on a auction because they upgraded to chomebooks. Did i just throw away some money on buying those or is there some kind of a workaround so i can use those.

proxybullet

You'll need to try resetting cmos to clear bios password and then install a fresh copy of windows.
yup, i got into bios, what i tried before was not the bios but some kind of a remote server connection. :) after getting into the hp bios settings i could see it was booting up from a remote server with windows. i installed a new hdd and installed my own windows now it's working like a charm and my son is happy to have his first pc without any restrictions :) thanks for the help anyway :)

Okedokey

Well done mate. Interesting someone sold a computer with active connections to another server. Not very secure.

proxybullet

Well done mate. Interesting someone sold a computer with active connections to another server. Not very secure.
nah i was surprised too, pretty stupid not to delete that. but than i know you somehow can make a computer boot from a remote windows, that is pretty cool and something i will look further into to :)