UK-USA Power and charging question

J_D

Hi

This summer I will be visiting the US for the first time. :)

The other day I was wondering something. Now I know that the voltage over there is different from England (correct me if needed) and was wondering if chargers for UK phones will work and also rechargeable batteries for Digital cameras.

I will most likely be taking my phone, camera and my dad will be taking the digital camcorder.

Will I get any problems?

Thanks.

James

Tayl

VIP Member
Just take a plug converter that is compatible with US to UK plug types. I took my phone from the UK to Spain using a two pin plug covered to UK three pin and it worked fine. They only cost a couple of quid, but be sure to ask the guy at the place you purchase one from (if you don't have one already) if it'll be fine and compatible with the US setup.

Breaks.

Jon

yeah we went to america last october and we charged our digi camera and phones by just using the converter so it would fit in the plugs, i think it only cost a couple of quid in argos.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
First off, look on the chargers. They should read something along the lines of "100-240v, 50-60hz. If you don't have this range, they will not work on US outlets.

I've been to Europe a few times and most all my equipment worked fine. I'm thinking there was one thing that wouldn't work without an actual power converter, but I forget right off... But it is quite common for devices to only require a plug converter as mentioned above.