Ultra zip. zipping file from 7 gigs to 6 megs????

ilovefishsticks

Ok. so i downloaded this program on limewire, it was a rar file, i never download exe for virus reasons. Anyway, i checked it wit KAV and it was clean, no virus. Then i unzip it. about 7 files came out 2 of them more rar files. I extracted both. It took about 4 minutes to extract each file, and the whole download off limewire was 6 megs. Each of these files were around 2.5 megs that i was extracting. I thought my computer was major screwed cuz it usualy takes a quarter second to extract a 2.5 meg file. So wen it finishes, out comes an iso, and i check the file size on the iso... Its CLOSE TO 3.5 GIGS!!!!! i dont know how this dude did it but he somhow he managed to get a 3.5 gig file zipped up to 2.5 megs. and it worked on 2 files. the other rar file i unzipped out of the 7, was the second dvd to the program, another 3.5 gig iso!!!

How did he do this????????? I would pay to find out how to save my 300 gig hdd into 150 megs. terabyte of info burned to a cd!!!! Has anyone seen this. Anyone know how it can be done?? I looked for hours on google with no luck. if you dont believe me ill post the file on putfile or somthing (i would understand, i didnt believe my eyes for the first 5 seconds).

The_Other_One

VIP Member
First off, you shouldn't be talking about this stuff here... Downloading stuff off limewire and all. I won't even ask what you got...

As for the question, some things just zip better than others... Also, some things just have 'dead' space. Take a ROM for example. Zipped, it might be 728K, but uncompressed it's 1024K...

OK, enough talking about this stuff :p

computerhakk

VIP Member
It's probably just empty space. Like for example for empty space needed if you are going to run an emulated PC or MAC on a MAC or PC.

Apokarteron

banned
I downloaded a mini-image file once, it was 700K compressed in .rar, when I uncompressed (which took about 5 minutes) the file was 2.5GB

ilovefishsticks

r u guys kidding me? did u hear what i said? a 2.5MB file extracted into 3.5GB. Who are u guys trying to crap telling me its free space. how does a 3.5 gig iso have free space?? I zipped an iso to see what happend and it wasnt anything to do with free space specificaly in an iso. This forum is a noob forum. No offense but only a few people here actaly know what the hell their talking about. it was great to learn but after about 3 months here u learn everything u guys have to say. You guys bullshit your way through everything. ive posted like 5 threads in the past 5 months and i remember thinking the answers you gave were such bullshit, i just wanted to go all out on you but i held back. I cant help it anymore!!! Most of you just post to ****in say somthing. I hope you ban me. Your site is totaly useless to me.

Motoxrdude

ilovefishsticks said:
r u guys kidding me? did u hear what i said? a 2.5MB file extracted into 3.5GB. Who are u guys trying to crap telling me its free space. how does a 3.5 gig iso have free space?? I zipped an iso to see what happend and it wasnt anything to do with free space specificaly in an iso. This forum is a noob forum. No offense but only a few people here actaly know what the hell their talking about. it was great to learn but after about 3 months here u learn everything u guys have to say. You guys bullshit your way through everything. ive posted like 5 threads in the past 5 months and i remember thinking the answers you gave were such bullshit, i just wanted to go all out on you but i held back. I cant help it anymore!!! Most of you just post to ****in say somthing. I hope you ban me. Your site is totaly useless to me.
Dude, if you dont know what you are talking about, dont talk. They didnt mean free space in the damn ISO. They meant when you extracted the ISO it created free space, which is like reserving space for that program.
Thats funny that you think we know nothing...HAHAH, thats funny.