Umm Ok Im Retarded

brandydianne

My boyfriend bought this mp3 player for some reason and umm well maybe he is the one who is retarded because it only hold 16mb
So yeah in the intructions it says that it will hold 20 songs, but I can only get it to hold 3 at the most. Is there a way to shrink the files to make more fit on the player? I tryed compressing them and lowering my sound setting prefrences and that didnt work. I just need to make the files smaller if thats possible. Each song is like 5 to 6mb each so add it up ..lol.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Just get a new MP3 player. I've seen 256M players going for around $40 or less. 16M is NOTHING today.

To really answer your question, it's possible to compress them more, but of course, that decreases the sound quality a good bit...

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Although, I find that most of the time a standard 128kps bit rate (standard MP3) is about 1MB per minute. Therefore this only gives you about 15 to 20 minutes of music total at the standard (minimum good) quality of music storage.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Aw come on...192kbps is as low as you should go :p Hehe. Well, I do agree, 128kbps is probably the best all around.

If you need a simple converter, try SCMPX. Just search for it on google, easy find. It's a winamp clone...very small(less than a meg I beleive) but it also has a basic converter and I beleive you can also simply resample to lesser or higher compression.

suprasteve

AdmnPower said:
Are there any MP3 players that even play .wav files??
my old one did, I got it in like 01 I think and never used that option. But as far as the question, seriously just get a bigger one

i.Angel

Never heard of an MP3 player only holding 16mb... rofl

If you want a good MP3 player that has video play back then I recommend the Creative Zen Vision: M. I absolutely love that MP3 player! Awesome video playback and sound quality. It's a little fatter than the iPod video, but that doesn't bother me much.

Dr Studly

banned
16mb? gosh, it is retarded buying that... no seriously, you aren't gona be able to hold more than 4 songs on that... unless u make the quality crap and then only like 10 songs... then ur better off with a CD player..., we don't have mcuh 2 work w/

Burgon

Maybe he mented ironicly.
Maybe he doesnt like you that much.
If you are only worth 16M then...

SFR

Truth fears no questions
CallofKtulu said:
16mb...the size of one led zeppelin song.

In My Time of Dying is the longest LZ song. It is a little over 10MB's at 128kpbs and is 11 minutes of 5 seconds long.... ;)

The_Other_One is correct, by decreasing the sound quality you can reduce the size of the file. ..But, I think your best bet is to return the poor MP3 player and purchase a more useful one.

stalex111

Also remember that when it says that an mp3 player can play 20 songs, it is an average. Watch the length of those songs (i know a jazz piece thats 30 minutes long) and watch the quality ---> watch the format.
Oh, and that mp3 player belongs in a medieval movie...i would go for AT LEAST 256 megs

m0nk3ys1ms

oh, and if you get a new one, steer clear from the RCA Lyra's. They are nothing but junk. I got one for christmas, and a month and a half later, it quit working. i took it back and got an ipod and i love it.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
just so everyone knows, the last time brandydianne logged in was on April Fools day...