Unable to hear audio

Oddler

I'm not sure how this happened...earlier today I had audio and did some updates and installations of stuff on my computer. Installed a program called Webcam Max free trial from the official website and it was working. Then windows prompted me to do some installations it recommended me to Update and said I had about 6 things it wanted to update. I tried to update and it failed...and then it failed again. I shrugged it off and said whatever. I threw on iTunes and it asked me to install the new 10.0 version...and I said sure why not. It installed and no problems. I then wanted to listen to a song...and was like...why can't I hear the song? The audio wasn't playing...I checked if my volume was off on my Laptop built in speakers and it was all on...so I did a system restore after figuring out my sound wasn't playing in windows media or real player either...Restored to a couple days back...more than enough time from when I installed anything but it still didn't work...I was like WTF...why isn't this working. So I installed the newest sound drivers for my HD Realtek audio speaker things on my laptop....it still didn't work.

I got no idea what's going on. I uninstalled iTunes and re-installed an older version of it...did a bunch of things...that's pretty much what happened from when it was working to when it wasn't working...I'm not hinting at what could be wrong...but I just gave a full list of what I did from Good to Bad and I don't know what it could be...little help here?

Sorry if the above looks like the great wall of China :p

Oddler

Yeah, my speakers is selected as my primary device. The problem is....I have to leave my laptop off for the night to come back in the morning for my sound to magically be there...needs to be Shutoff for multiple hours for it to restore. Normal restarts don't cut it and I need to wait a long time for it to turn on....

The down side is though....as soon as I shut off my computer when it DOES have sound...I lose it next restart and must wait an entire night for it to be back.

So I go through these periods of having it for a long time then not having it for a long time...something is messed up and I don't know what. This is with me not changing any settings...it's just sporadically turning off and on during restarts.

ZER0X

VIP Member
That definetly sounds odd, perhaps a program is interfering with the systems volume permanetely keeping it muted.

Or it could be a hardware issue, you should try plugging in a USB headset to see if the sound is consistent on the USB sound hardware aswell.