under $500 cyberpower pc's

ben_scott

i am looking to replace my broken down sony vaio. i want to spend less than
$500. i started looking at the dell's and was quickly turned off by the rep's aggressive sales approach. i then researched emachines and found them to be a better value with overall good reviews. then, i discovered the cyberpower pc's. they offer more capacity and speed than emachines. i cannot find any reviews on the cyberpower pc's in the under $500 range. i am concerned that this may be an off-brand with possible reliability issues.

ripken2004

i have never heard of cyberpower, and the emachines are cheap b/c they are cheap, meaning that they are pretty much crap, so ur just looking for a tower i guess?

Lax

VIP Member
ripken2004 said:
i have never heard of cyberpower, and the emachines are cheap b/c they are cheap, meaning that they are pretty much crap, so ur just looking for a tower i guess?
Very incorrect. Emachine makes some pretty nice machines for some pretty nice prices. Granted they only have 2 models to pick from they use generally pretty good parts. As for cyberpower I've never heard of them either.

Last edited:

Lax

VIP Member
Yes, you've heard. But have you ever experienced an emachine? (meaning use it or service it?) They run pretty nice and are a great bargain PC for people who want just the right balance of performance and price.

spacedude89

emachines method is that the less people send in for fixing or returning the more money they will make, they generaly use fairly reliable parts, while not powerful, they are reliable, i had one that i dropped down some stairs, it still worked except one of two disk drives was broken. the case needed replacing, but that was it, still using today, except i got a newer pc so i gave it to my mom.

P1040002.jpg

ive heard of cyberpower, no much, but id try them if you decide not to get the emachines, also, you will probley want to upgrade the emachines ram, they usally dont come with much

XSNiper

I have a cyberpower. And I'm not buying from them again. They suck. Their support is non-existent. And that got stuff wrong.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I sold my old emachine a while back. I believe it's still working, but the modem, floppy and CD-ROM all died on it. I also had some problems with the front USB port...

4W4K3

VIP Member
XSNiper said:
I have a cyberpower. And I'm not buying from them again. They suck. Their support is non-existent. And that got stuff wrong.

i'd have to agree. my friend Ryan recently got one of their machines and it came in the mail BSODing him. Turned out power cable from PSU was not working...so i used a diff one.

Then i noticed his 6600GT he got from them. The HSF was not on all the way, and half the fins were bent inwards...looked as if they freaking stepped on the GFX card.

I wouldn't go with Cyberpower inc. even for a higher end PC (Ryan's cost over $1000).

EDIT: Also, CyberPower Inc. computers are NOT off-brands. They are BIG TIME advertised in alot of computer enthusiast magazines i read. They got entire pages, they LOOK really good...but looks can be deceiving.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i am looking to replace my broken down sony vaio. I want to spend less than
$500. I started looking at the dell's and was quickly turned off by the rep's aggressive sales approach. I then researched emachines and found them to be a better value with overall good reviews. then, I discovered the cyberpower pc's. they offer more capacity and speed than emachines. I cannot find any reviews on the cyberpower pc's in the under $500 range. I am concerned that this may be an off-brand with possible reliability issues.
You consider building one?

ive heard alot of bad stuff about emachines tho
Yeah and ive heard lots of bad things about dell, sony, toshiba, alientware, gateway, nec..... blah blah blah. :)

Then I noticed his 6600GT he got from them. The HSF was not on all the way, and half the fins were bent inwards...looked as if they freaking stepped on the GFX card.
Yes but that happens on a lot of 6600GTs :p